Rosamund M. Lockwood
Rosamund Lockwood is a senior associate with the firm's litigation unit. Prior to joining BKCG, Ms. Lockwood was an Assistant Attorney General with the State of Alaska's Department of Special Prosecutions and Appeals. Ms. Lockwood was promoted to the State’s appellate unit after spending three years cumulatively as an Assistant District Attorney serving in the Anchorage Violent Crimes Unit and the Bethel and Kotzebue bush offices. Ms. Lockwood successfully prosecuting dozens of cases through trial.
Ms. Lockwood's trial experience made the transition from criminal law to civil business litigation a smooth one and since joining BKCG in 2004, Ms. Lockwood has skillfully managed cases involving trade secret and unfair competition claims, contract disputes, securities litigation, commercial litigation, and a wide variety of other business torts. Ms. Lockwood is also heavily involved in the firm’s appellate practice, both in state and federal court.
Ms. Lockwood graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 1993 with a B.A. in Philosophy. She earned her J.D. at McGeorge School of Law and graduated second in her class, summa cum laude in 1997. While at McGeorge, Ms. Lockwood was Assistant Articles Editor for the Transnational Lawyer, made the Dean's List each academic year, received the Annabel McGeorge Academic Achievement Scholarship consecutively in 1996 and 1997, and was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law, White Collar Crime, Federal Securities Regulations, and Constitutional Law. Ms. Lockwood also was a member, Traynor Oral Advocacy Team; Member. Upon graduation, Ms. Lockwood was received into the Order of the Coif.
Ms. Lockwood is admitted to practice in both the State of California and the State of Alaska. Outside of the office, Ms. Lockwood enjoys hiking, swing dancing and cross-training.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Business Litigation
- Auto Dealership Law
- Trade Secret
- Unfair Competition Claims
- Contract Disputes
- Securities Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Torts
- California, 1998
- Alaska, 1999
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. summa cum laude - 1997
- Honors: Graduated Second in her Class
- Honors: Annabel McGeorge Academic Achievement Scholarship Consecutively, 1996 - 1997
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Criminal Law, White Collar Crime, Federal Securities Regulations, and Constitutional Law
- Honors: Member, Traynor Oral Advocacy Team
- Honors: Member, Upon Graduation
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Dean's List
- Law Review: McGeorge School of Law Review, Assistant Articles Editor for the Transnational Lawyer
- University of California, Santa Cruz, California
- B.A. - 1993
- Major: Philosophy
Past Employment Positions
- State of Alaska's Department of Special Prosecutions and Appeals, Assistant Attorney General
- State of Alaska, District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, Anchorage, Bethel and Kotzebue
- Alaska Court System, Court of Appeals, Law Clerk to the Honorable Judge David C. Stewart