Suren Naradha Weerasuriya
Suren N. Weerasuriya is an associate at BKCG's Irvine, California office. Mr. Weerasuriya focuses his practice on employment and business disputes. Having represented employees and consumers early in his career, Mr. Weerasuriya brings a unique perspective to the table. His experience advocating for both sides allows Mr. Weerasuriya to represent clients in an aggressive yet practical manner.
Mr. Weerasuriya has extensive experience litigating cases in state and federal court. Mr. Weerasuriya has litigated numerous cases under the Fair Employment Housing Act, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, the California Business and Profession Code and the California Labor Code. Mr. Weerasuriya also has experience litigating attorney-client fee disputes, legal malpractice claims and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Weerasuriya also has significant experience related to class actions, having successfully opposed countless motions to dismiss, motions to compel arbitration and sever class claims and motions for summary judgment on class action claims.
In 2013, Mr. Weerasuriya achieved success on behalf of consumers. In two separate cases, he succeeded at trial and in arbitration, obtaining awards of full statutory damages and attorney's fees and costs for his clients.
Mr. Weerasuriya is federally admitted in all districts for the United States District Court of California. Mr. Weerasuriya received his Juris Doctorate from Southwestern University School of Law in 2011, where he was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Employment Law. Mr. Weerasuriya earned his Bachelor's Degree in 2007 from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Business Disputes
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Legal Malractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2011
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2012
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2011
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: Political Science: Legal Studies Option
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Employment Law, 2012
Past Employment Positions
- Callahan, Thompson, Sherman & Caudill, LLP, Attorney, 2015 - 2016
- Law Offices of Todd M. Friedman, P.C., Attorney, 2012 - 2015
- Pi Kappa Alpha