- Outside Counsel
Amanda V. Dwight is a graduate of the UCLA School of Law where she was the recipient of two fellowships. At UCLA, Ms. Dwight served as the Chief Articled Editor of the Pacific Basin Law Journal and judicial extern for the Honorable Gary L. Taylor, U.S. District Court of California, Central District. Ms. Dwight also created a program to intake asylum seekers for the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law.
Ms. Dwight is co-author of two leading treatises on trademark and copyright prosecution law, Trademark Registration Practice (Thomson Reuters) and Copyright Registration Practice (Thomson Reuters), and the only practice guide in the U.S, concerning trademark examining procedures, Practitioner’s Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (Thomson Reuters). She has been a guest speaker and instructor at local and national organizations; including the national MAGIC Marketplace fashion tradeshow, regarding intellectual property matters.
Prior to attending law school, Ms Dwight was a computer programmer and systems consultant for Anderson Consulting (now Accenture) and an in-house systems analyst for Gannet, Co. At Andersen, Ms. Dwight developed distribution control systems for Fortune 500 companies. At Gannet, Ms. Dwight installed and supported advertising systems for over fifty newspapers throughout the country.
Ms. Dwight received her Bachelor of Science as an honors graduate from the University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce with a major in Management Information Systems and a minor in Marketing.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property 100%
- California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1996
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- University of Virginia
- Trademark Registration Practice, Thomson Reuters, 1999-2017
- Copyright Registration Practice, Thomson Reuters, 2015-2017
- Practitioner's Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure, Thomson Reuters, 1999-2017
- Author, Trademark Registration Practice
- Author, Practitioner's Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure
- Speaker and Instructor, Intellectual Property Matters, National MAGIC Marketplace Fashion Tradeshow
- Intellectual Property Law - Trademark Prosecution, Western SOL, 2012
- Intellectual Property Law - TTAB Litigation, OC Paralegal Association, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Fellowships- UCLA SOL
- Intermediate Honors Graduate from UVA
Professional Associations and Memberships
- VABASC, Vice President, 2016 to Present
- VABASC, Board Member, 2008 to 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Levin & Hawes, Associate, 1999 to 2002
- Alpha Delta Pi