At Burkhalter Kessler Clement & George LLP, our team of seasoned trial attorneys provides professional, efficient advocacy designed to protect the interests of employers throughout the state.
Each of our firm’s partners has been practicing law for at least 20 years, while all our senior associates have a minimum of 10 years’ worth of experience, which means that clients can count on knowledgeable legal counsel based on verifiable experience.
Burkhalter Kessler Clement & George LLP defends employers in a broad spectrum of employment matters, including, but not limited to:
- Discrimination claims — Alleged discrimination on the basis of age, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability
- Employee benefits disputes — Medical and dental benefits, vacation time, severance packages and more
- Employee classification disputes — Misclassification of managers, full-time employees, part-time employees, independent contractors and others
- Executive compensation — Plaintiff representation in executive compensation disputes
- Hostile work environment and harassment claims — Alleged sexual harassment, racial harassment and more
- Wage and hour disputes — Overtime, meal and rest breaks, minimum wage, improper deductions, tip splitting, commissions, piece rates and more
- Workplace offenses — Drug testing, criminal records, workplace violence and more
- Wrongful termination claims — Allegations of retaliatory discharge due to whistleblower actions and more
- Breach of contract disputes — Breach of noncompete agreements, confidentiality agreements, contractor agreements and more
Burkhalter Kessler Clement & George LLP is well-versed in both state and federal laws regarding employment and labor law. Our lawyers understand the complexities and ramifications of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), affirmative action, the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) regulations and the new Ending Forced Arbitration of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Act of 2021.
Armed with trial-tested experience, Burkhalter Kessler Clement & George LLP guides its employer clients through the often one-sided gauntlet of employment litigation. Whether by dispositive pretrial motions, strategic mediations or trial, Burkhalter Kessler Clement & George LLP protects its clients throughout the process, all while seeking the most efficient resolution.
To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers about any area of employment litigation defense, call our Irvine offices at 888-714-1738 or contact us online.