Advocating For Businesses From A Position Of Strength And Experience
Our trial lawyers are seasoned advocates who have proven skills in researching, writing and advocating for our business and corporate clients. We work tirelessly to represent our clients’ interests in a full range of business and investment torts and corporate matters, including:
- Contractual disputes involving business and employment agreements, leases, breach of contract, contract interference, noncompete, nonsolicitation, misrepresentation, tortious interference, concealment of facts, and nondisclosure.
- Internal corporate and partnership disputes, such as LLC and director and officer (D&O) litigation, labor disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, corporate governance disagreements, litigation between partners and between shareholders.
- Litigation involving business rights and asset protections, such as insurance bad faith, intellectual property (trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights), bankruptcy-related matters, investments, defamation, privacy, nonpayment of promissory notes, and unfair competition.
- Handling appeals involving business and corporate disputes at the federal and state levels.
Leveraging The Power Of A Respected Reputation
Through repeated appearances in the Southern California courts, our highly experienced business litigation attorneys have established a solid reputation of integrity and credibility with many judges and opposing counsel.
These traits, along with a proven record of results, are critical in litigation because many disputes can be effectively resolved through a credible threat of action. Having a respected law firm on your side can often be the key to resolving a case in a prompt and cost-effective manner.
Answers To Common Questions
Our business clients frequently have questions as they face litigious situations. Following are a few frequently asked questions regarding business litigation matters. Of course, this is only a fraction of the advice we can provide you. Please contact us directly to speak with one of our experienced litigation attorneys.
Do you need a business litigation attorney?
Many disputes come to a resolution through strategic work between businesspeople. However, when a dispute drags on to the point where it depletes resources or escalates tensions, the help of an attorney is critical for a positive, cost-efficient outcome. Business litigation attorneys can advise you of your rights, review the wording of any contract before you sign it and ensure that the other party does not take advantage of you. They can advise you whether a lawsuit is necessary to advance your interests and, conversely, they can represent you if you are served with a lawsuit.
How do you protect your business from a lawsuit?
Business entities can take several proactive measures to minimize their exposure to litigation. Some of the most common ways to do that include:
- Remain in compliance with regulations
- Implement an employee handbook
- Carry adequate insurance coverage
- Put agreements in legally sound contracts
- Retain reputable business litigation lawyers
Granted, even the most cautious of companies can be involved in litigation. Preventative measures can reduce, but never eliminate, your risk.
What should you do if you are involved in a business dispute or litigation?
First, consult with a business lawyer to learn about your options. Your legal team will advise you of the law, explain your options and represent you at trial. Your attorney can also help you explore alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as negotiation, mediation or arbitration. If you cannot achieve a satisfactory resolution to your dispute through these techniques, filing a lawsuit may be necessary.
An experienced lawyer can help you and your business avoid potential disputes and guide you in the right direction. Also, hiring legal counsel can show the other side that you are serious about litigating a dispute if necessary.