Gregory M. Clement's practice focuses on corporate, real estate and other transactional matters, as well as a wide array of employment law issues. Mr. Clement has handled the purchase and sale of numerous companies, including several multimillion dollar acquisitions by publicly traded companies and represents clients in a wide variety of fields including transportation, software, entertainment, insurance, Internet and telecommunications.
Mr. Clement began his legal career as a business litigator in Washington, D.C. before joining the business litigation firm of Whitcombe, Makin & Pentis in Long Beach. Before joining BKCG in 2000, he was general counsel of Golden Eagle Express, Inc., a regional transportation company based in Pomona with offices in multiple states. As general counsel, Mr. Clement served five years on the management committee and was responsible for all contractual and litigation matters, insurance and risk management. While employed with Golden Eagle Express, Mr. Clement served as a Board Member of the Los Angeles chapter of the Association of Transportation, Law, Logistics & Policy.
Mr. Clement grew up in the United Kingdom and graduated in 1985 from Aston University in Birmingham, England with a Bachelor of Science (with Honors) in Business Administration and French. Mr. Clement worked as a licensed real estate agent in Philadelphia before attending the National Law Center at George Washington University in Washington, D.C, from which he graduated with honors. During law school, Mr. Clement served on The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics. He authored, "The New Job-Creating Investor Visa Provision: A Legitimate Spur to Investment or a Sell-Off of U.S. Citizenship to the Highest Bidder?" 24 Geo. Wash. J. Int'l. L. & Econ. 195 (1990).
Mr. Clement is admitted to practice in California, the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Maryland and the District of Columbia and is an honorary member of Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity, International. Mr. Clement is fluent in French and German and, when not drafting or reviewing business contracts, his interests include running, crime novels, independent movies and travel with his wife and two daughters.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Transactional Matters
- Employment Law
- Maryland, 1992
- California, 1991
- District of Columbia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: With Honors
- Aston University, Birmingham
- B.Sc. - 1985
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Business Administration
- Major: French
- "The New Job-Creating Investor Visa Provision: A Legitimate Spur to Investment or a Sell-Off of U.S. Citizenship to the Highest Bidder?", 24 Geo. Wash. J. Int'l. L. & Econ. 195, 1990
- Rapid Crush, Inc.
- Overseas Freight, Inc.
- Image Options
- Decton Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent® rating, the highest rating attainable, in the Business law category
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Transportation, Law, Logistics & Policy, Los Angeles Chapter, Board Member
- State Bar of California - Business, Real Estate, Labor & Employment Law Sections, Member, 1991
- Maryland State Bar Association - Business, Real Estate, Labor & Employment Law Sections, Member, 2017
Past Employment Positions
- Golden Eagle Express, Inc., General Counsel, 1995 to 2000
- Delta Theta Phi