Keith E. Butler
- Senior Associate
Keith Butler is a Senior Associate whose practice focuses on business disputes. Mr. Butler spent a number of years representing corporate clients including the representation of insurance companies where he litigated commercial first party property disputes. Keith has also represented municipal clients where he litigated real estate, eminent domain, and construction defect cases in both state and federal court.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Butler was an Assistant State's Attorney for Cook County, Illinois.
Mr. Butler is admitted to practice law in California, Illinois, and Georgia. He is also admitted in all districts for the U.S. District Court of California as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Keith received his J.D. from Emory University School of Law (1990) and his undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado, Boulder (1987).
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation 90%
- Real Estate Transactions 10%
- Illinois, 1991
- Georgia, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1999
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. - 1990
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Political Science
- Foxcroft Productions, Inc., et al. v. Universal Studios, LLC, et al., ($70 million jury verdict- Hollywood accounting)
Past Employment Positions
- Cook County State Attorneys Office, Assistant State's Attorney